Saturday 27 July 2013

Priorities

I'm spending part of the weekend at my parents house. The annual Sunflower Festival is on this weekend with lots of fun activities like the Sunflower Queen pageant, free pancake breakfast, petting zoo, stage entertainment, and a firefighter competition.  All of that sounds... well to be honest, it was great when I was younger but I have other things in mind when I come out here to visit these days.




We're planning on going to the parade later, and there's also the quilt show which my mom is a huge part of so we'll go check that out too.  For now though, I'm going to think about the hundreds of people  standing in line for mediocre pancakes and greasy sausages (cue cries of "But they're free!!!"), and have another cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment