Wednesday 18 September 2013

Sexy Beast

I blocked Vulpix over the weekend and it changed a lot, like I was hoping it would.  I took a better "Before" picture so you can really see the difference.


I don't want to show you the "After" picture taken in the same location, because during blocking, this thing got so huge that I couldn't get a picture of the whole thing without also getting a picture of all of the junk in that room.  I had to extend my arm and hold the camera diagonally in order to get the whole thing in the frame, so it's not like I can just crop it, either.  It's a beast... but the good kind of beast.

The Enabler was pretty surprised at how huge it got too, as you can tell by his "surprised" face.


His arms aren't even long enough to hold this thing out by the tips.  And he's got freakishly long arms.  Like a gorilla.  A cute gorilla.

The neighbor's fence can barely hold this thing up either.  Although, to be fair, that probably says more about the fence than the shawl.


Seriously though, look at those short rows!  Look at them!  Did you look?  Dem short rows be crazy.  Japanese short rows are very cool and they make for a very nice looking finished product.  I'm totally going to use that technique again, especially since learning how to do them was a little crazy making and you can't make me NOT use it now that I know how!

Totally worth it, though.


He's lucky he's such a good model for the shawls that I make him.  It helps convince me to make him more of them.  And Stephen West has a lot of lovely man-shawl patterns so there's no lack of resources!  He's also got quite the sense of humour.  I doubt I'll ever be able to get the Enabler to model for me like that though.

*sad trumpet*

No comments:

Post a Comment